Vintage trombone leadpipe replicas from the collection of Noah Gladstone. Limited release of trombone rarities. Each leadpipe is handmade in house by resident brass genius, Brad Close! We use the best quality material and take extra care to produce consistent results.
.500" trombone leadpipes:
- - 1930s Conn 32H "Burkle"
.525" trombone leadpipes:
- - 1927 Conn 78H (In Production)
- -1938 Conn 78H "long" (In Production)
- -1964 Bach Mt Vernon 36 (In Production)
- -1975 Bach Elkhart 36 (In Production)
.547" trombone leadpipes:
- - 1919 Conn 8H in Red Brass only (The original is red brass) add $30
- - 1947 Conn 88H Special (coming soon)
- - 1962 Bach Mt Vernon 42 (In Production)
- - Burt Herrick long and open (coming soon)
.562" Bass Trombone leadpipes:
- - 1950 Bach New York 50B "Open" (coming soon)
- - 1960 Bach Mt Vernon 50B: it has a tighter venturi than standard Bach 50 pipes, this gives a fast response with a clean articulation. The sound is not bright and maintains an orchestral fullness and rich character that sometimes is lost on tighter pipes. It is well balanced and I'm sure you'll love it. IN PRODUCTION
- - Burt Herrick Conn 62H: this pipe has a venturi that starts very early in the pipe, which gives a bit more point and sharpenss on the sound. It's the perfect pipe for TIS (tuning in the slide) bass trombones that sometimes can be unfocused, this pipe will give you clarity in the middle and upper registers but still give that classic sizzle on the low range. IN PRODUCTION
Every pipe is available with threaded collars for different instrument makers. Threads are available for: Shires, Kanstul, Rath, Edwards, Conn/Greenhoe. Threaded collars add $25 and are custom made in house by Brad Close.
Here is a photo of a BH62 leadpipe with Rath threads on a R9DST. Thanks to our friend, Byron Pillow for the picture.